Find Your Representatives
• Not sure of your congressional district or who your member is? This service will assist you by matching your address to your congressional district, with links to your member's website and contact page.
Developmental Milestones Checklist
• You can follow your child’s development by watching how he or she plays, learns, speaks, and acts. Read for milestones to watch for in your child and how you can help your child learn and grow.
Enterovirus Infection D68 Information
• Enterovirus D68 (EV-D68) is one of more than 100 non-polio enteroviruses. Read more to help protect everyone.
The Ups and Downs of New Motherhood
• Studies indicate that up to 85 percent of new mothers experience what is referred to as the “baby blues.” During several weeks following childbirth, mothers often feel sad, anxious, irritable, weepy and out of sorts. Family members and friends of new mothers need to be sensitive and encouraging during the first year after delivery. Both babies and mothers benefit from receiving tender loving care.
Child Care Facts
• Child care is a crucial support for parents in Missouri’s work force. Employees in every sector of the state economy include parents with young children. Employers consistently report that the availability of quality child care improves productivity and reduces absenteeism. It is parents’ child care arrangements that allow them to be on the job and productive.
Parents as Teachers Newsletter
• Columbia Public Schools Parents As Teachers quarterly newsletter is full of great information. Please note the screening that are available.
Missouri Kids Count
• First produced in 1993, the Missouri KIDS COUNT Data Book is an invaluable repository of comprehensive, longitudinal information on the status of children and their families. This site provides interactive access to that data.